Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Today we remember


Today marks one year since the tragedy that took place on the Virginia Tech campus.

I was asked today, by a local Virginia Tech graduate if I would be attending the local memorial being held tonight to honor the victims and if I was going to be photographing the event. I simply responded by saying that I will not. I told him that I'm sure there will be plenty of press coverage there and that I would not feel comfortable intruding on such a memorial with my camera.

I am not a Hokie. I have however been to the campus and know many people who attend and have attended Virginia tech, they all know that today I am a Hokie, I am here for them.

Today I will remember those 32 people who lost their lives that day. I feel for the families and friends who will not be able to see what fine and upstanding citizens those 32 people would have grown up to become. Who knows what those lawyers or doctors could have done for this world.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all Hokies tonight. For today, we are all Hokies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very touching. Thank you for sharing.