Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How it all began




While looking through a closet recently I came across my dads old camera. He still uses it to this day, though not as much as he used to. Its still in great shape and only needs a new battery once in a while. Still works flawlessly.


I remember growing up, when he used to take family pictures with that camera. I also recall one time watching him load film into it, wondering what he was going to be taking pictures of this time. But this time was different. He wasn't going to be taking pictures. I was. He handed the camera over to me, hung the strap around my neck, and told me to go and be creative.
My dad never was a professional photographer, just a man pursuing a hobby, much the same as when I began. He has a very creative eye and always takes amazing photographs whenever he picks up the camera.
I have him to thank for getting me into this wonderful, crazy, stressful, and yet rewarding avenue of expression we call photography.
Thank you dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason, you are such a great writer. You have me hanging on every word wondering what you are going to write about next.

:)